Monday 22 July 2013

Global Talent Search

Sorry about the long silence I had here in my blog. I have been pretty busy the last couple of weeks and the lovely summery heat didn't make it easy to sit at the computer either. Which might be not a bad thing, I think sometimes we need a little time off the computer... it's not that easy though, few weeks ago I couldn't have imagined not to turn on the laptop for days!

While I was doing the Art and Business of Surface Pattern Design Ecourse with Rachael Taylor back in May I heard about a very exciting competition. It's organised by Lilla Rogers, the best art agent in the world and I immediately knew that I was going to take part.

On 1st July all participants received the email with the brief and we had 3 weeks to complete and submit our entries. Though the subject was nothing like I usually do, interestingly the ideas started to flow into my mind straight away. The first day I wrote down all the important details I had to keep in mind and also my ideas that I wanted to include in my artwork. Next day I made a sketch that actually looks kind of the same as the end result, which means I made it the way I wanted it to look like. I'm very happy with it.

The brief was to design a journal cover with the theme: playground.

Here it is:



Now we have to wait until 1st August to find out if we are in the next round. I have very big hopes I'm there. Please send me a few prayers or cross your fingers for me, it would mean so much to me to be there! Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally rooting and voting for you Beata!!! Let's hope you'll win this contest!! Oh and I'll definitely try and send you a longer mail later, I haven't had much time lately... Sorry about that!
    Let me know how it goes, ok?
    Much love and a big hug to you!!
    Inge x

    ReplyDelete